Built as a bowling alley in 1940, there’s lots of North Myrtle Beach history at Pirate’s Cove.
If these walls could talk, they’d tell the tales of endless summers come and gone, of numerous nights spent having fun with friends and of the growth of a once quaint beach town into a true tourist destination.
Located just steps from the Atlantic Ocean and in the heart of North Myrtle Beach, the building that houses Pirate’s Cove had weathered many a storm, seen some great sights and grown into a favorite gathering spot for locals and tourists alike.
The building, 205 Main St., was built in 1940 and originally served as a bowling alley — current owner Milford Powell worked here as a pin setter at age 10 in 1950!
It continued to operate during the heyday of the Ocean Drive area in the 1950s, before the space eventually gave way to a string of North Myrtle Beach bars and nightclubs including The Pour House, The Cavalier Club and The Back Alley Lounge, which closed in 1977.
Eighteen years later, Powell recognized the potential of the location and decided he would remodel the building, opening his version of the club, The Pirate’s Cove Lounge, in August of 1995.
Today, the Pirate’s Cove is host to some of the best bands and DJs year round with a special focus on college in May and High School (18& over) during June.
The kitchen has great food and the rooftop Bomba Shack is a great place to cool off after a hard day on the sandy beaches of Ocean Drive.
With it’s indoor stage and spacious wooden dance floor to our rooftop bar, oceanfront views and amazing lineup of acts you won’t find a better place on the beach for music, food, friends and fun than Pirate’s Cove!